There is a new grant available for businesses in the North West.
The Liverpool City Region Combined Authority has created a brand new funding pot that businesses in the local area can access.
The new fund is called the Liverpool City Region Local Business Support Grant and we’re about to explain who can apply below.
Who Can Apply For The Grant?
To apply for the grant your business must fit into certain strict criteria… we’ll explain the details for you here…
2nd Criteria: Your business must still be trading (as of 1st February 2021) and have started trading on or before 31st October 2020. You must be working to make a profit or surplus. The business cannot be dormant.
3rd Criteria: Your business must employ one or more people (a sole director or a self-employed person counts as one employee).
There is also an official list of business types which can apply for this grant:
- Businesses who were ordered to close from 5th January 2021 and are based in commercial premises.
- If you operate in the hospitality and leisure sector (or a supply chain for this sector) which pays business rates or has commercial property-related costs.
- Anyone self-employed, sole traders and home-based businesses that mainly work in (or supply) the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors.
- Licensed market traders.
- Businesses in sectors not eligible for other grant schemes. They must demonstrate a loss of at least 40% in sales or revenue due to Covid-19 (proof with this statement).
Who Is Not Allowed To Apply For The Grant?
If your business ticks all the boxes above, you’re almost there.
The next stage is to check that you don’t fall into any of the following grant restrictions:
- Have you received a Hospitality & Leisure Grant from round 1 (or the expanded scheme including retail in round 2)?
- Are you eligible for, or have received, a Taxi License Grant?
- Have you received (or are eligible for) the Local Restrictions Support Grant?
- Have you been subject to a Covid-19 environmental health or planning enforcement prosecution since 1st April 2020?
If the answer is yes to any of these… then you won’t be eligible for the grant.
How To Apply?
You can apply at this link on the official liverpool.gov.uk website. There you will find some important documents to check before you apply for a Local Business Support Grant.
The deadline is 5pm on Friday 26th February 2021.
Get More Business Blogs Like This
Interested In Our Accountancy, Tax, Bookkeeping & Payroll Services?
Get In Touch Below