Accounts Apprentice: Sheffield
DH Business Support is seeking an Accounts Apprentice to become part of the Sheffield team on a full time basis.
Brief Overview Of The Company
At DH Business Support we believe that saving time, valuing people and creating a good working environment is key to building a great business. We work under that principle in our own offices and strive to provide it for our clients too.
We started as a family business and those family values are still at our core. The team uses exciting accounting software that is really easy to use and saves loads of time in comparison to the old accounting methods - so if you're looking for something fresh, where you'll feel valued and at home - read on! We look forward to hearing from you.
The Role: Accounts Apprentice (Full Time)
You'll be working in a friendly and motivated office environment where workers pride themselves on delivering a high quality service where our client's see DH Business Support as the accountancy firm of choice.
You'll be reporting to the Senior Accounts Manager and working within the bookkeeping team. Under the supervision and direction from the Account Managers, you'll be providing them with support and administrative functions to help improve the client services.
The role will include the data entry of bank details, income and expenses through easy to use applications and software. The role will also include the maintaining of general journals and ledgers, managing documents within a system alongside general office and administration duties.
Who Are We Looking For?
The successful candidate must have 5 A*-C GCSE's (or equivalent) with a B in both Maths & English and study for an apprenticeship.
Salary: £6,370pa (whilst training) plus course and exam fees.
We value our staff at DHBS, so we offer the following benefits:
- 28 days holiday allowance (inclusive of bank holidays) + 2 weeks over the Christmas and New Year break.
- A one hour lunch break
- A great, modern city-centre office environment.
- Other employee perks and discounts.
As a candidate you must also possess:
- A high level of computer literacy, i.e., ability to access emails and use excel to a strong standard.
- A high attention to detail and thorough organisation skills.
- The ability to complete reports to a set deadline.
- The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- A positive approach and a willingness to learn.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A respectful conduct and an element of confidence.
- High level of integrity and honesty.
As part of the DHBS team it's important that you maintain confidentiality in regards to any of our own, or our clients, financial information and/or documentation. You'll be expected to work as a part of our team in a professional manner, in accordance with our policies, procedures, and equal opportunities practice.
The Full Job Description
Please read this PDF attachment as it provides any potential candidate a thorough look at the job description and a final chance to see whether you fit the specification we're looking for:
Please read it before applying below.