What Personal Support Is Available For You?

It’s a sad truth but many people are struggling with living costs at this time.

Due to the impact of coronavirus, lots of lives have been turned upside down.

If you’re reading this blog – either you, or someone you know, is financially struggling during this time.

In this blog we want to give you information about where to go, so that you can get the help you need.

Option 1: Food Banks

Food banks are well known across the country, and by clicking this link you can find out how to get help from a food bank near you. 

There are some food banks you can attend without referral, but others will require that a GP, charity, or social worker send you.

If you are over 10 weeks pregnant, or you have a child under 4, you can get free vitamins, and Healthy Start vouchers for milk, fruit, vegetables and infant formula.

You must also claim one of the following:

– Income support.

– Income based Job Seekers Allowance.

– Income based employment & support allowance.

– Child tax credits on a low income.

– Pension credit.

– Universal credit on a low income.

Option 2: Welfare Assistance

Local councils also offer free vouchers to help you pay for the things that you need daily.

This could be a hot meal, second hand furniture, or household appliances. There are lots of options available.

You can ask your council at this link, to see if they run this scheme.

Option 3: Get A Budgeting Loan

Another option is to apply for a budgeting loan that is interest free for 2 years. 

In order to get a budgeting loan you will need to receive one of the following:

– Income support.

– Income based Job Seekers Allowance.

– Income based employment & support allowance.

– Pension credit. 

If you are on Universal Credit, you will have to get a budgeting advance instead. Click here for more info.

Option 4: Rent Payments

For help with rent payment, you need to reach out to your local council and ask for DHP as part of Universal Credit.

The council will grant this support on a circumstantial basis. You will have an end date, when the help expires. After that you can reapply if necessary.

When you apply, be clear about the reasons why you can’t pay your rent, and can’t move to somewhere cheaper. These will be key in getting this support.

You can also be eligible if you are looking after a child, or an elderly relative.

Option 5: Other Benefits

There are lots of other benefits available.

You can use these free benefits calculator to see what you can get: Turn2us / Entitledto.

You need to have to hand details of your savings, income, pension, childcare payments and any existing benefits you have. If you have a partner, you will need these details also.

You will also need to be a British/Irish citizen over the age of 18.


Get More Business Blogs Like This

Like Us On Facebook  |  Follow Us On Twitter | Services

Interested In Our Accountancy, Tax, Bookkeeping & Payroll Services?

Get In Touch Below